Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Germany and the battle of my waist line.....

Ok, so for real. Let's talk about the legit and oh so very real battle that is the weight gain that happens when you move to Germany. The STRUGGLE. IS. REAL. So what's a girl to do? The schnitzel, the beer, the BREAD! Gotta be honest, I don't like to make excuses but it's always the first reaction I have when things aren't how I like them. The last 6 months have been crazy train. Moving to Alabama, now Germany. I'm trying to master how to maintain any sort of work out and yet, still eat/drink anything I want. I mean, why can't I have the best of both worlds (because you're living in la la land Kate--so not realistic.)

With that said, the beer over here is amazeballs. It's so delicious, it's like you've never tasted beer until you've been to Germany and had a legit Hefeweizen or Dunkel. I will never drink a Bud Light again (unless it's the only thing left and I'm at a sporting event. Let's be real.) But it's awesome, but the calories, ugh. It hurts my waistline thinking about it. The bread here too!! There are bakerei's (bakeries) everywhere and they're delicious too! I gotta walk away, which is hard, because they're on every corner (kinda like Kwik Trip's if you're from Wisconsin!) Just tempting me constantly. And I cave, almost every time. But I'm putting my foot down!

I hit the gym at 0615 (oh yea, I pretty much have resorted to always using military time, I mean...when in Rome.) And it was great! I'm not a morning person by nature (nope, I do not have any kids, nor a dog, and what a crime against humanity THAT is. We'll cover that on a different post.) So to get up and get my run in was pretty cool today. Gonna keep at it and hopefully drop the poundage I've gained in the last year. Prost to that!

Also, side note on receiving packages like I mentioned yesterday--we got a great one! Check out this super cool bracelet one of my great friends sent me! (Picture posted below.) I absolutely love it. Her friend started creating these so if anyone is interested in getting one, I'll post info on how to reach out to her soon! We also got an amazing shipment of beef jerky & beef sticks, needless to say, my husband was stoked about the package as well! #winning #thankyoumaribeth
 



No comments:

Post a Comment