Friday, January 30, 2015

Hey guys! Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for following the blog! There's not too much going on this week. Work per the usge and no major plans for the weekend (which is AWESOME!) Ya need those every once in a while right?! Although the Superbowl is this weekend, not that we're really going to watch it-I mean really, who cares. Except for the commercials! So here's what I'm going to do, DVR it and then speed through the actual playing of football 'til the commercials come on. I will totally  make a huge Superbowl feast of delish appetizers on Monday (the day after, because again, it won't be on until like 10p here the night of) and we'll sit and watch what we want of it! It is kind of cool though, that the soldiers don't have to report on Monday until 1300! Lucky guys and girls!

I've been thinking a lot about some of my earlier comments on how there should be someone that can prep you for coming over here--like why didn't someone tell me about all this craziness?? But I'm figuring out that honestly, no one can. You just have to figure it out on your own. I mean I can sit here and tell the next spouse that you're gonna run into bat sh*t crazy wives that need some serious help, but you won't know what it's like until it happens to you. Side note-yes, they're still crazy. It's kind of turned into a form of entertainment now. Have you seen the movie with Steve Carrell "Dinner with Schmucks"??? I want to do that. Bring the craziest spouse you know here to dinner. Then we all get to vote on who's the most ridiculous. It would be entertaining!! Is it mean, maybe. But honestly, the level of attention seeking is a bit much. Well it's straight ridiculous and it will continue, and I shall continue to observe from the sidelines. I'm not so sure *EFMP has done their job all that well to allow these women to come over here without therapy lined up!

We hosted our first Unit *FRG meeting last night! Went pretty well if I do say so myself! About  75-80 soldiers and their spouses showed! Was a little nervous as it was the first meeting but it was pretty fun! Apparently it was a large showing comparative to past years. Regardless, we got our goals met which was to get all contact info updated in our system and then bowl our faces off! Personally had 4 strikes IN A ROW. Boom! Met a bunch of super great soldiers in my husband's unit too. In fact, one is from Milwaukee and we literally knew of each other back in the day! Both of us had bar tended at Mo's Irish Pub but now she's active duty military and here! I cannot tell you enough how nice it was to meet a fellow Mo's girl! We gotta stick together!!
Yup, that's my first American beer since arriving here...gotta say, tasted like water. Ugh, what am I going to do when I go home?!
BOOM! Liz, what do you think of that?! 


Other than a that, it's relatively calm this week! Looking forward to getting a ton of lame house work done tomorrow and chillin' but knowing us, we'll end up going on some random adventure I'm sure. Can't wait for my seester to get here in 26 days!!! We're in the process of booking the trip to London for our day of birth celebration European style!! Cannot wait!!!!!

Oh, and lastly, a shameless plug-these hats are bomb! We ordered them for the Unit and they seem to be taking off with orders so if anyone is interested, comment below and we'll get you one!! Delta Company Rebels yo!! "Keep em flyin'!" Have a great weekend you crazy kids--ciao!!! #deltarebels #3-158 # 26 #germanlife #notfromaroundhere


PS-I REALLY miss pizza delivery right meow. I'm starting my list of "must eat" foods for when I get back in April. Ugh.

*FRG--Family Readiness Group (which is the unit's group of spouses (typically) that help get information out to the soldiers' family as well as host get togethers, fund raising and organize anything support wise within the unit.)
*EFMP-Exceptional Family Member Program: a comprehensive, coordinated, multi-agency program that provides community support, housing, medical, educational, and personnel services to military Families, especially families with special needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment